For a long time, the Chalkboard technology team wanted to revamp the Chalkboard dashboard. The main reason is that we have many feedback an thoughts from our customers: the small and medium business (SMB) owners. So, after two months of work across the quiet summer, we have re-imagined the Chalkboard dashboard, focus specifically on solving the common issues raised by our customers: one, a seamless dashboard that helps them to update Today’s Specials with a easy to use interface; two, an activity feed that provides simplified statistics to let them know who are viewing, visiting and contact their business locations and three, improving the management of the locations with search functions and easy to view heatmap. In this blog post, we like to take you through how the SMB owner can navigate through the new dashboard. Read More
Remember our Twitter feature launch last month? We’ve received feedback from retailers who want a Facebook equivalent of that, so that’s just what we’ve done!
This Facebook feature allows merchants to link up their Chalkboard dashboards with their company’s Facebook accounts, so news like an added location or today’s specials can be featured on Facebook and shared with all their fans (and friends of fans).
Kudos again to our geeks, Keerati and Anuj, for this! They’ve been committed to social sharing to help merchants improve their Chalkboard experience these couple of weeks.
Read on for how to activate and use the Facebook feature.
How to Activate:
Note: remember to first log out off any Facebook account on your computer before you start! Integration with the wrong account is regretful, and a hassle we all wish to avoid.
If you’re new to Chalkboard, you’d probably have had the option of integrating with Facebook when you signed up. If you didn’t do so then, or if you’re one of our loyal merchants who signed up with us before this has been rolled out, you should see the “Add Facebook Account” button on your dashboard, just next to the Twitter action button.
And you’re good to go! Chalkboard can now post updates to your Facebook account on your behalf to help you spread the word.
To deactivate Facebook from your Chalkboard account, simply click on “Remove Facebook Account”, where the “Add Facebook Account” button used to be.
P.S.: Also remember to remove the Chalkboard app from your Facebook account to prevent any future unwanted posts!
- [Announcement] Closure of Chalkboard API, Web and Mobile Services
- Introducing Our New Chalkboard Facebook App
- Issues with the Chalkboard Facebook App
- Chalkboard Tutorial: Update Today’s Specials with Twitter
- Chalkboard Tutorial: Update Today’s Specials with SMS
- Chalkboard Embraces Facebook, Adds Heatmap, Sees More Engagement | Tech in Asia on Re-Imagining the Chalkboard Dashboard
- นู๋โบ๊ท อิน วันเดอร์แลนด์ on Chalkboard Pina Colada Pre-event
- Do You Like Location-Based Ads? | Penn Olson on Tech Update: Chalkboard API and Chalk Widget
- Singapore’s Chalkboard goes after Malaysian market | e27 on Chalkboard on Berita Harian
- Joe Rouse on Chalkboard on TechCrunch